It’s my pleasure to teach in several courses throughout the year.
Cappella Pratensis Summerschool
In the wonderfully historic city of Antwerp there is a one-week workshop where you can learn to perform Renaissance polyphony directly from the original notation! This takes place during the early music festival ‘Laus Polyphoniae’ every August. The workshop culminates in a concert where all the groups present their pieces led by myself and my co-tutors from the ensemble. For more information – www.musica.be
- Aug 25-29, 2021 Josquin des Prez (virtual edition)
- Aug 24-30, 2020 Rhythms of life: the Bossche Choirbooks (virtual edition)
- Aug 19-25, 2019 Mary of Burgundy
- Aug 20-26, 2018 Celebrations: occasional works of the 15th and 16th Centuries
- Aug 21-27, 2017 15th-century polyphony from Cambrai Cathedral
Polyphony workshops at Klausenhof Academy
Each year at the start of Karneval, (for those wishing to find refuge) I teach in a weekend course in ensemble singing / playing, alongside the multi-instrumentalist Martin Lubenow. Location Hamminkeln Germany.
- July 9-12 2021 De Monte (later date due to restrictions)
- Feb 21-24 2020 Iberian polyphony
- Mar 1-4, 2019
- Feb 9-12, 2018 Pierre de la Rue 500
Cornett Making Workshops
I also teach a quasi-yearly course in instrument-making with cornettist Sam Goble, aptly titled “make your own cornetto” where participants craft a treble cornetto from scratch in 4 days according to original measurements.
- June 17-21 2019 Cambridge, UK
- July 2-5 2018 Cambridge, UK
- July 19-22, 2018 Schwerin, Germany
- June 21-25, 2017 Cambridge, UK
- January 10-13, 2017 Evora, Portugal
- June 2016 Cambridge, UK
- An ongoing collaboration between ensemble Cappella Pratensis and Musica – impulse centre for music, for the creation of videos on a variety of topics, interactive exercises, and modules. This comprised a curriculum for self-study, aimed at vocalists, instrumentalists, scholars and anyone interested in deepening their appreciation and understanding of the Renaissance Polyphonic repertoire.